At Sanctuary Spa Waxing we only use the best hair removal wax for our customers . . LYCON.
LYCON was established in Australia in 1978, by internationally acclaimed beauty therapist Lydia Jordane. LYCON waxes enjoy a well deserved reputation as the Crème de la Crème of hair removal waxes around the world, trusted as the wax of choice in top spas and salons in over 40 countries.
Formulated with the finest natural resins, bees wax and sensuous aromatherapy, LYCON delivers superior results, removing stubborn hair as short as 1mm like no other. At the same time, LYCON low temperature, super pliable and gentle waxes, provide a nurturing and skin conditioning treatment for extra client comfort, even on the most sensitive skins. Professionals use LYCON with confidence, to achieve completely hair free results for all types of hair growth, every time. LYCON enjoys unparalleled recognition worldwide for unsurpassed product quality and professional integrity.
The range consists of hot waxes, strip waxes and the unique LYCOJET waxes, complemented with LYCON’s harmonising before and after lotions. In addition, LYCONspa Specialist Body Care provides corrective solutions for home use, in between salon treatments. LYCON’s array of quality waxes come in many exciting colours and scents, and allows professionals to tailor the best waxing combination for total customer satisfaction.
LYCON has been setting waxing standards on a global scale for decades and remains the market leader.
Waxing services we provide:
- Lip waxing
- Specialised Intimate Waxing
We also do HD Brows and Threading on Face.
Before Waxing With Sanctuary Spa:
- Go to an expert, whether in a beauty salon, spa or specialized waxing salon. Find out what products they use and research them to find the one that’s right for you.
- If you have not been waxed before at The Sanctuary spa, please ensure to have a patch test at least 24hrs before your first treatment.
- Wax regularly (every 3-6 weeks) as over time the results will improve, hair growth will reduce and any remaining hair will become finer.
- Plan in advance of your wax. Remember you will need to avoid tight clothing, fake tans, heat treatments, swimming, exercising or scented lotions on the area for 24hrs after your waxing.
- Make sure you get HOT peel-able wax and not strip wax for sensitive areas like bikini, face, eyebrows and underarms. Hot wax removes the hairs fully from the root while strip wax can sometimes break stubborn or coarse hair like bikini hair. Therefore strip wax is best used for leg, arm and back/chest only.
- Exfoliate and moisturize regularly to keep skin super-smooth and to prevent ingrown hairs.
- To get rid of unsightly ingrown hairs, ask about Lycon’s Ingrown-X-It. Your therapist will advise on precautions and usage. If ingrown hairs continue to be a problem, laser hair removal might be a suitable option.
- RELAX – Your therapist has seen it all before so there is nothing to be shy about!